Aug 19, 2020
Strategies to Lift your Hotel Business After COVID 19
Air Travel shut, mass cancellations on reservations, people asking for refunds and no new bookings; Hotel Businesses have been hit the hardest by the COVID -19. As the saying goes Success always lies on the other side of the shore, Hoteliers should not sit back and see their business dwindling. Use this time to prepare for the opening the Hotels post pandemic and work upon different strategies to be implemented to get the maximum revenue in the times when occupancy rates have reduced to its all time low. This market is expected to regain its momentum back, in the latter part of this year.
Implementing Cost Control, adopting technologies and focusing on staff training will be the first step towards fighting this crisis. Hoteliers should divide their strategies and work for three phased approach: While Restrictions on travel are not being lifted, Initial rise in demand and When Travel demand strengthens. Here we are with tips on how you can lift your Hotel Business After COVID 19:
1. Market! Market! Market! Hotels are shut but this should not hold you from marketing your brand. Market how your hotel is striving to make itself Corona- proof. During these times of Home Quarantine, people tend to spend 20% more time on their phones. Use this opportunity to market yourself through Social Media. More than 60 % of internet users research online before they make the purchase and do the bookings. Keep hold of your past and future guests through regular emails. Email Marketing will help you in creating brand awareness, use it to inform them about hotel reopening dates, special offers, informative articles etc. Don’t over do it. Once in two weeks is fine.
2. Website and SEO Optimizing your website not only improve your hotel rankings but also increase the chances of direct bookings. No one types a complete URL to reach your website, everyone reaches to it through search engines. A good SEO performance will help your website becoming visible on Google, Yahoo and other search engines. Mention on your website how you are delivering the best guest experiences and ensuring their safety.
3. Implement the Strategies saved for Low Seasons It is for sure that low occupancy rates are here to stay for a pretty good time. So the strategies which are adopted for low occupancy seasons needs to be adopted for full time. Get Creative with it. Highlight unique amenities of your Hotel and offer promotions. Implement proper rates, discounts and plan effective and reasonable pricing strategies. Do not succumb to only discounts.
4. Work on your Online Presence Work on to improve your reviews and ratings. Spread a word how your hotel is safe and sanitized. Get listed on OTAs and enroll on meta search engines. These Engines help a customer compare hotel rooms on different OTAs. Some of the Meta Search Engines are Trip Advisor, Google Hotel Ads and Trivago. Better rankings on OTAs means more bookings.
5. Cancellation Policies Revenge Travelling is likely to pick up the pace. People will prefer the once with flexible cancellation policies as clouds are still not clear over the travel restrictions. Though these policies should not be over flexible. A good cancellation policy not only help in getting the better number of reservations but also reduces the cancellation ratio in long run.
The main strategies involve getting personalized experiences and less of human interactions. From In room dining services to advertising your Hotel, OneMenu is the right partner you need today. This data – driven app, a Saas product will help you to move towards a evolved Hospitality Experience for your Customers.